Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Pan Pastels

I love love love playing with new media!  I'd heard so much talk about pan pastels I decided to give them a try.  My hubby and I took a weekend a few months ago and did Donna Downey's online pan pastel classes.  Super fun and very informative!

This is my first project using them.  Of course I had to throw in paint, ink, molding paste and other fun goodies as well.  All in all, a super forgiving media that's lots of fun to play with. 

Lots of texture and paint drippy goodness.
Before starting, I loaded up the blank page with lots of thick gesso.  The result is lots of lines of texture that were a nice ground for the pan pastels. You can see these lines in the yellow part of the background.
I used molding paste through a stencil to get these raised impressions. Pan pastels work great over the tops of the molding paste sections.
A good starting place. Lots of spray ink, pan pastels, and gesso.


Focal point details.  The butterflies are made of wood.



No comments:

Post a Comment