Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Boy and a Girl

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary.  Hard to believe it's been a year already!  Year 1 is paper so of COURSE I had to make him something.  I waited and waited for inspiration to hit me with just the right thing.  Then it came to me.  I should write him a story.  Our story!

I wanted to keep the focus on the story so I made a simple little mini album. 

I used a Basic Grey mini album and one sheet of Basic Grey paper.  I used my fingers to apply copper paint to each chipboard page as well as to a few of the chipboard accents.

The cover
For the front, I adhered a piece of patterned paper then used a wash of gesso over the area I planned to place the title.  After it dried I added some Glimmer Glam to help seal the paper and give it some shine.  A title, some simple embellishments, including one of my layered crinoline flowers and some bling (of course) and the cover was done.  I edged each page, chipboard and paper, with a brown Copic marker.  I love how the marker shows up differently on the painted background versus the paper pages.

I'm not much of a writer and I wasn't sure I wanted to post something so personal but my hubby thought I should share it. 

So here is our story.  I wanted to keep it somewhat generic so that it could have been about any two people while still keeping elements that were special to us.  The "Other" world I refer to is World of Warcraft, the online game we were both playing when we met.  Click on each photo for a larger view to better see the text.

Happy crafting!











Supplies used:
  • Mini album (Basic Grey)
  • Copper heavy body acrylic paint (Golden)
  • Patterned paper, chipboard accents, chipboard letters, and stickers (Basic Grey)
  • e Line pearls (Prima)
  • White gesso (liquitex)
  • Golden Goddess Glimmer Glam (Tattered Angels)
  • Sugared maple Glimmer Mist
  • Gold micro beads (Martha Stewart Crafts)
  • Crinoline
  • Tim Holtz Distressed Flowers die (Sizzix)
  • Brown marker (Copic)
  • Ribbon (Webster's Pages, American Crafts)
  • Glossy Accents (Ranger)
  • Fabri-Tac (Beacon)
  • Tape runner (Helmar)

10 comments:

  1. This was awesomeness ina nutshell, I actually got all choked up reading it.

    Love you Babe! You are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRACY!!! OOOOH MY GAWWWWD!!!!
    THIS Is a brilliant amazing idea!!! I love it!! :) and your story is wonderfully romantic, loving and happy ever after!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! You have inspired me to write our story! :)
    with a grateful grin,
    steff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Steff! Do it! I would love to see amazingness you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy this is so beautiful I love the this idea and maybe one day after I forget how evil his family is...LOL I will make him a book w/nothing but good in it...LOL I wish you nothing but the best that Love can possibly give you both. Although we don't know each other that well I love you my friend and so happy for you and your Honey congrats and enjoy this gift that God has given you to the fulliest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. you are so talented and you inspire me to be more creative and to come out of my boring box...LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooo much Cynthia! That means a lot to me! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy what a perfectly beautiful minibook - in design and words. I love that you use your fingers to apply paint, hadn't ever thought of doing that!
    Loved your story too and yes I felt a little tearful too... Isn't the universe amazing.. sometimes things are just 'right'. Hugs.. oh by the way, I'm 'beautifulthings' from marions shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Philippa you are so right. The universe is amazing! Looking at the wonderful things you grow in your garden is a testiment to that! ;)

    ReplyDelete