Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Prima Goodness

As you can tell from my work, it's no secret that I love flowers - in art, life, everywhere.  So of course I love Prima!  Prima makes a wonderful line of products including incredible flowers.  I'd made a frame several years ago to showcase one of my fav pics of my mom and I from when I was a little girl.  It needed some updating so I reached for my old standbys - Prima goodies.


What better to go with flowers than butterflies?  I adore this line of paper and embellishments from Bo Bunny.  They came together in a perfect combination of colors, contrast, and flowery goodness.  I pulled off the picture and photo mat from the old design and recovered the background with some distressed Bo Bunny papers.


Not a lot of ink or paint treatment on this piece.  Not a single crackle to be found in fact!  Instead, I went with lots of layers of flowers and embellishments to get the texture I was looking for.


That large chipboard butterfly accent was to die for!  I added some crystals to the center to help it sparkle.

This piece sits on a shelf in my craft room.  The colors, flowers, and that special pic of my mom and I inspire me and make me smile each time I look at it.  After all, isn't that what art is all about?

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies used in this project:
  • Papers and chipboard embellishments (Bo Bunny Press)
  • Crystal flower branch, fabric flower, and paper flowers (Prima)
  • Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Crocheted lace (Webster's Pages)
  • Crystals



No comments:

Post a Comment