Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not Too Pretty to Use

Marion Smith did a super cute Live with Prima class a  little while ago where she created a sketch book for storing layout sketchs.  It was during this class that she announced the layout sketch challenge, but that's another blog entry.  :)  I thought it was such a great idea that I decided to do one.

Marion bound hers herself, but I was too lazy so I just picked up a spiral bound sketch pad from Michael's.  I painted  and stamped it and gave it just enough decoration to be pretty but not so  much that I couldn't open the darn thing and use it.  I don't know why I was channeling so much pink on that day (I'm not that much of a pink girl) but the contrast was really workin for me.

Just pretty enough to inspire but not too pretty to use.  I painted the background with acrylic paints, one in a pink shimmer and another in a darker pink to give some contrast.  I stamped the border, tree, words, and butterfly with black StazOn ink and then added color with watercolors.


Of course none of my projects are complete with flowers and a little bit of sparkle somewhere.  I glitter glued the butterfly.
Supplies used:
  • Sketch pad (Michael's)
  • Pink shimmer acrylic paint (Making Memories)
  • Dark pink acrylic paint (FolkArt)
  • White acrylic paint (Craftsmart)
  • Watercolor paints (Michael's)
  • Border butterfly stamp (Hot Off the Press)
  • Butterfly stamp (Inkadinkadoo)
  • Word stamps (I've had these forever)
  • Black StazOn ink
  • Black marker (Micron)
  • Orange Stickles (Ranger)
  • Paper flowers (Prima)
  • Crystal bling (Michael's)
  • Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment