Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Art Journal Every Day - Days 1 and 2

Julie Balzer and Cocoa Daisy teamed up to put together a kit and online workshop.  The theme - create an art journal and fill it with one page per day for a month.  It was intended to begin in December but I couldn't wait that long to get started!

I just started art journaling and have been working in a large format journal (11 x 16 ish).  The art journal in the Cocoa Daisy kit is a 6x6 mini album.  I've never been one to strictly adhere to the rules or to the contents of a kit so I went back and forth.  Should I start another journal with the 6x6 format or just use my current journal?  Should I do both?  Should I complete a whole page each day or just keep adding to my journal as I've been doing?  What is a scrappergirlie to do??!?!?

I eventually decided to have both journals running simultaneously.  I'll keep my large format journal and continue to work on it as I have been.  I'll also participate in the art journal evey day class using the 6x6 journal and complete one full 6x6 page per day for a month.  To keep things interesting, I added a self -imposed twist...

For the art journal every day project, I'll limit my use of supplies to the contents of the kit and only add in paints, ink, sprays, texturing media, standard tools (like punches and scissors) and product packaging from the kit.  Fun!  I find myself to be most creative when I have constraints and boundaries to work in. 30 days with the same set of supplies will indeed push me to be as creative as possible.


Class Kit Contents:
Balzer Desings Custom Stencil
Balzer Designs Custom Stamp Set
Crate Paper 6x6 Storyteller paper pad
Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic roller date stamp
Freckled Fawn Gold Glitter Washi Tape
Pink Paislee Portfolio Photo Tabs
Jenni Bowlin Printed Tags Vintage
Stabilo Colored Marking Pencil Black
Maya Road Maya Mist Charcoal
American Crafts 6x6 Modern D-ring album
Dixie Kabinet Wax Deli Paper 5 sheets
Faber-Castell Metallic Gelatos
Sharpie Poster Paint Pen white

Day 1

So typical me, I break my own rule on the first day.  I used a text background stamp on this first page before I decided on the supply limitation twist.  Going forward, I'll keep to the stamps in the kit!

I painted and stamped the Cocoa Daisy stamp packaging and used it on the page.
 
Day 2

 Fun with paint and stenciling. 30 days with these fabulous supplies will be a snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment