Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun with Deli Paper

I've seen several recent blog posts from Julie Balzer mentioning the use of deli paper as a medium.  It sounded kinda cool so of course I had to try it out!  Deli paper is semi transparent paper used mainly in the food industry to wrap sandwiches and the like (hence the name deli paper).  It has a waxy side and a non waxy side.  I've been experimenting on the non waxy side and I love it!  It totally melts into the background when adhered yet isn't completely sheer.  It's fantastic!

Below is my first finished creation using two pieces of deli paper.  The fragment on the left is painted and the fragment on the right is not.


The page started with collaged patterned paper as the background. I added stencils and circles to add more texture prior to misting areas of the background with grey spray ink.

Sheer and subtle over the painted background page.

A painted focal point that allows the background to show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment