Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Reusing Ink from Stenciling

I use stencils in just about every journaling page.  They are versatile, come in many many designs, and are a great way to kick start any project.  The harlequin shape is one of my favorites and I have a few stencils with that shape.  I used a 6x6 harlequin stencil in various places on the background of this page.

Butterfly, flourish, and word stamps from Tattered Angels.




Lots of drippy india ink and paint.
 
After using the stencil on the background of the In Flight page, I took the ink laden stencil and sandwiched it between a couple of pages further on in my journal.  I didn't want to waste the ink and the reverse image is kinda cool.  It served as the background for my next journaling page.


I took my color palette from the leftover stencil ink.  I dug into one of my ancient paper stashes (yes, I too am a craft supply hoarder) and found some cool paper.  I cut up the paper for a border, trees, and tree trunks.

You can really see the reversed harlequin stencil behind the trees.

I really love how this page turned out.  I think it's one of my favorites yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment