Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Canvas Gift

For my mother in law's bday this year my husband and I decided to collaborate on a mixed media piece as her bday gift.  My husband has a special talent for painting trees so we decided that I would do the background and he would do the outline and shape of a tree.   My mother in law is a teacher, author, and book lover so the George R.R. Martin quote seemed perfect.

Loads and loads of rich color and texture.

I used glass bead gel and spray ink to create patterns and drippage on the background.

The glass beads are translucent when on top of the paint and opaque when painted over such as with the starburst stencil in the corner.  Leaves are hand cut and some are punched from old book paper.

Layers of stamping and stenciling for texture.

My favorite thing about gallery wrapped canvas - more room to play on the sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment