Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

When in Doubt, Keep Painting

 My original idea for this journal page was to paint over printed pattern paper.  I had planned for the pattern on the paper to give a nice background texture to the piece.  However, once I got going I didn't like the result.  Eventually I ended up painting over the whole background and adding in more and more flowers to fill the page.

Flower outlines from a Donna Downey stencil.
If you look closely you can see the bubbling of the paper on the background from where it got too wet from all of the paint layering and removing as I worked and re worked it.  But texture is texture and I'm okay with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment