Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Glimmer Mist and Stencil Goodness

Nothing makes me happier than big pools of yummy colors on a page.  I started this journal page with just two things in mind:
1) I wanted to use my new Julie Balzer stencil.
2) I wanted to dig out my Glimmer Mists.

I stamped the background with some text for texture then layered on several colors of Glimmer Mist.  Once that dried I traced the rain drops from the stencils and hand painted them in with acrylics.  I'm really enjoying the act of painting.  It's one of the great things I love about stencile.  You can trace them and hand paint the insides. 


This Tim Holtz stamp is one of my favorites.  I used Decopage to glue down both the tag and help adhere the tissue tape.  Although the Decopage is matte, I didn't realize it would change the sheen of the background to be so noticeable.  I like how it turned out anyway.

White rings from a toilet paper roll, white flower looking dots from bubble wrap, and white spots from dropped india ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment