Inky Goodness

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and indulging my random thoughts on crafting and all things inky and messy. Nothing makes me happier than inky fingers and paint under my fingernails at the end of the day. A little glitter never hurts either. ;) Happy crafting!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Layers and Layers and Mica of Course

I've been under the weather lately and am just now getting to publish these posts that have been sitting in draft mode for a while.  (You know how that can be.)

Another fun tool I recently came across is Golden's mica gel.  It's basically clear gel medium with mica flakes in it.  You can get gold, pearl, and black in large and small flakes. I picked up the pearl and gold in the small flake.  Here's my first project using it.  I've been very inspired by fall color lately so the gold mica seemed like a good start.

I started with an old 5x7 canvas from another project and gesso'd over it.  Lot's of layers of acrylics and stencils and this is what I came up with.

Fall color loveliness. (If this photo appears fuzzy, try clicking on it.  There seems to be something odd going on with the image import.)

The flowers are painted burlap.  The leaves are hand cut from paper. You can see the gold mica on the left edge.

Stencils and layers and texture hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment